Friday 13 April 2018

Yearning for a Connection

Hansen: I joined up in a new class on some transfer thing I ended up doing eventually. Everyone in this new class was kind of ganged up or something, whereby they were in groups of sixes and sevens. But there was this fine lady who was like a part of every group kind of thing. She was almost free with everybody which was very unlikely in the class. She just caught my attention and I really wanted to befriend her and all. But she was too eloquent yet open but I just couldn't master courage to talk to her face to face. I came up with a strategy though, I decided to WhatsApp her. If she replies, fine, if not then its not meant to be. I figured out her number after a couple of minutes on the class WhatsApp group page. I drew up the pattern the conversation would gear towards, with every response and reply predicted just in case things go south. To my surprise, she replied faster than I expected. We begun chatting and the conversation was pretty smooth. Until I had nothing else to say after a week, and the conversation pattern I drew up was exhausted. It wasn't so useful anyway but at least it provided the topics I could come up with. I guess I was so excited that I didn't want the conversation to end so instead of closing up, I started saying things that made me look creepy. It almost sounded like I was proposing at a point. She immediately zoned me and her response and gestures towards me changed uprightly. Suddenly, I knew I had messed up big time and didn't know how to fix things no more. We resulted to hi's and hello's and even with that she would reply a day or two later. I just decided to give up on everything and abort mission of pursue. It's been exactly a year now and she just called me for the first time out of the blue. (Kofi Wusu me na menie!) Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment