Tuesday 13 September 2016

Will she come over?

It was Friday evening, my roommates were all gone out on their own personal expeditions. So I thought of hitting Ivy up to come over straight away but I didn't want to sound desperate. I'm in the room alone, I messaged her, attaching a bored face. Minutes later she replied, "Okay, enjoy". To be frank, I was totally thrown off-guide, knowing not what to say, so I left the message unattended to. Minutes later, I messaged her other number, "Wish you were here with me right now". But after I clicked send, I read the message again and realized how lousy it sounded. Hence, I paused for 5minutes, she seemed not to reply as I already predicted. Obviously, she would be waiting for a message of clarification, if not she would call just to check up, wanting to hear what I'm driving at with the messages. But I wouldn't bring up the topic of wanting her to come over so she hangs up after checking up on me. What is my next move now?, I ask myself. Please are you coming?, I send her another message. I bet she's shaking her head right now. Even though she knows very well where I'm driving at with my messages, she pretends not to, so she replies saying, "Coming where?". Just be straight forward with her, I always say to myself. If she wants to come, she will come. About the time I was, my roommates were back. Never mind, I messaged her. Oh!, you too talk, she replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment