Tuesday 29 May 2018

Comfort Zone

Juice: It was a nice experience to see her willing to face the challenges that came along with leaving her comfort zone. It wasn't something anyone would love to do. It was really a difficult thing for her to do; to sleep in another person's bed over night. But for the first time, she didn't complain too much about it. But I could see she was trying very hard to sleep but to no avail. She kept twisting and turning all over. I don't know why but her persistence and determination to find a way to get herself to sleep is what I admired about her. Because she could have decided to leave to her room after all. One thing that is worth witnessing, is noticing someone trying to come out of their comfort zone to try something new. It could be eating tuo zaafi (local dish) or taking a train for the first time. I remember witnessing my cousin take in fufu (local dish) on her first visit to Ghana. She really struggled to finish eating. She could have stopped eating, cause no one was forcing her to eat anyway. But she made up her mind to finish what she started and she did. But at the long run, she vomited everything out anyway. I for one, I love to do the same stuff everyday. Eat the same dish and do the same routines daily. I just don't like to try something new I haven't planned for unless I'm in the mood for an adventure. Which I know is a bad habit and I'm trying to desist from that. All I'm trying to say is, try to move out of your comfort zone every once in a while to explore your other potentials, else you wouldn't know your full capabilities. You could try joining the salsa group, drama group, dancing group, creative arts group, script writing group, karate group, hiking group, meditating group, gaming group, sport group, music group etc. It could be online or however way you prefer it to be. Just engage!

No comments:

Post a Comment