Tuesday 3 January 2017

A call from Mildred

I remember very well that I was dreaming about Avengers that night, when the vibration from my phone woke me up. I wasn't fully awake and I was thinking it was an alarm so I kept on cutting the line unknowingly. An hour later, I regained consciousness, peeped at my phone's screen and noticed it was an incoming call from Mildred all along. I cross-checked the time and it was 1:08am. What could she possibly want at this time?, I started recollecting memories of past events if any matched up to this mysterious call I was having. I got caught up in my thoughts and before I realized, I was having another 8missed calls. Just then, she called again and I answered, I heard her sobbing. I asked her, what the matter was?. Her voice kept fading off so I couldn't really hear the information she was carrying across. The only part I heard that made me sit up right away on my bed, was the part she said, she wanted to commit suicide. You have no idea how frightened and perplexed I was, all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment