Friday 1 December 2017

The Path We Chose IV

Hakim: I managed to get to the room before 12am. I had no clue how I ended up in bed when I woke up and it was almost 10am. I switched on my data and the messages kept on coming. I scanned through and saw Jackie's name. She said, "I'm not feeling too well this morning, and you know I'm in 1 in a room, and I also don't have any friends in this hostel. Kindly buy me yam 2cedis, with fish and sausage, and sobolo with ginger 2cedis, thank you. Please I'm very hungry, hurry up." I almost decided to go buy it for her but I got an idea to call up first. I called up and it was so noisy in the background. I noticed she was in a friend's room, judging from the intensity of the music and laughter at the background. In a most calm and feeble voice, she said, "So you decided not to come, haven't you seen my 2 missed calls. I've eaten now, a friend bought food for me and now I'm stuck in his room. Please come for me okay. Don't have an excuse to give in order to leave". I knew this was a flimsy excuse to see me, but I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt for the first time. I got there at 1pm. And there she was playing Fifa 18 on a flatscreen Tv and screaming on top of her voice. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment