Wednesday 6 December 2017

That Got Me No Where

Lexington: All I ever did was to please you, but that got me no where. I groomed my actions to suit your specifications just to make you happy. Cause I always wanted you to want me as much as I wanted you. But with time, I realized I was losing myself into becoming someone you wanted me to, yet at the same time, appreciating you for whom you were. And that left you in a very comfortable spot. Leaving me in an unbalanced situation, playing two roles at the same time. I guess that gave you the opportunity to call the shots. To speak your mind freely without holding back or taking decisions to suit yourself. Cause you only had yourself to please and didn't need to wait for my consent. Even though, that made me feel less appreciated, I didn't notice until now. Wouldn't say I was blinded by love, but I was caught up in your love spell. From now onwards, I'm gonna be myself. I would like that you love me for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment