Sunday 25 December 2016

Leaving Nothing Out XII

Another beguiling episode on leaving nothing out. Today we wanna know why so many people go to church on 31st Night. So let's get started.
Caleb:  For me, I go because I'm always looking forward to a better year and it's only God who can make that possible for me. Therefore, I go to thank him for the previous year and usher the incoming one into his hands. Bridget: I think we all go to thank God for the previous year and keeping us alive to see the incoming one as well. But I don't normally go to my church on 31st Night but a friend's, cause I meet a whole lot of friends way back from kindergarten. Martins: Okay for me, I move from church to church on 31st cause I wanna know what goes on in most churches and also meet friends. Cause for some friends, it's only 31st you gonna see them and also I meet a whole lot of friends I chat with but haven't really gotten the chance to see them in person on 31st as well. Especially the ladies. Thanks for reading. So my question is, do you think, there has been a total deviation from the true purpose of 31st Night?.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh.... December 31st, the day one which we all stand to renew our resolutions for the upcoming year. In my opinion I believe this last day of the year is set aside to recount our many, many blessings throughout the entire year thus far. This day many of us attend Church and together we sing, jubilate for the many blessings bestowed upon us and also rejoice as welcome another year. This day is not meant for "Church hopping" or time to finally lookout for friends or life partners just because everyone seems to be around. Instead let us use this one time in the year to reflect on all that has gone by within the year and also most importantly give thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!, I gonna use this. Well-said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you can! but remember to give credit where its due *. wink! lol

      Delete