Friday 1 June 2018

Person of Interest

Claudia: A friend once told me something and I think it really made sense. I didn't have to go think it through. I just knew on the spot it made perfect sense. I called her one time, and we were having this great chat, until she asked me, what I have been up to these couple of weeks that I don't even say hello anymore?. Truth be told, I didn't feel like replying because we both knew what the answer was. Anyways, it look like it wasn't a rhetorical question after all. "I have been very busy with this project my boss gave me, and I have to be going here and there for follow ups, moreover, I always have to make sure to meet the deadlines week after week, which stresses me out and I also get home late so I hardly get time these days", I replied. Per my reply I knew exactly what the follow up question was. "So what about my missed calls, you never saw them?", She asked. And I replied, I was meaning to call back but anytime I tried to something seemed to pop up or I was in a hurry to do something. She wasn't convinced yet decided not to stretch the topic any longer so she concluded by saying something that hit me straight at my heart. She said,"everyone is busy with something, but we all make time for the people/things important to us." My life has not been the same since then and I thought you should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment