Wednesday 11 March 2015

Story of my life

 Her name was Lily, I once had a crush on her in junior high. Fortuitously we met in the university and in Republic hall to be precise. The first time I saw her, I was actually on my way to buy food at Queens hall. And there she was, looking ravishing and sleek as always but much better this time around. She seemed a little distressed, seemed like she was waiting for someone.  

Who could possibly be keeping such a lady waiting I muttered out. I actually stood still for ten minutes staring at her, smiling inwardly. "She was my friend", I gnarled proudly. As if I talking to someone, I was happy fate finally brought us together once again. Guess Im drawing conclusions too early you may be thinking. But sometimes when the feeling is right, trust me it's simply irresistable. No sooner had I decided to approach her than a car pull up driving off with her in it.  

Suddenly, I lost appetite because I realized she was now way out of my league. How silly it appeared but true. There and then I remembered why they say "the truth hurts".    I remember I observed this girl so much that I studied all her gestures. Apparently, I knew almost everything about her without her knowledge. It felt good at a point because it's quite funny when someone thinks you know nothing about them but ostensibly you know everything about them character-wise. Sometimes, is just not meant to be but we try to make it seem like it's because we put in little effort. Tell me, what effort didn't I put in?.  

The only mistake I did regret was making it quite obvious I liked her and also confirming I did as well which she used to say she was glad I always opened up to her but it was only to her advantage. After a while, I realized she knew almost everything about my feelings towards her including how I behaved sometimes out of hidden love. But in exchange, she was a complete stranger to me cause I knew comparatively nothing about her.

Not that I was supposed to know but she mostly claimed it was unnecessary when it got to her side of the story, even if she shared it was half-way. So with time we were drawn apart since I decided also not to share giving her the similar excuse despite the fact that it sucked cause she was the only one I could open up to.   Not that what I did was silly but if you were in my shoes, trust me you would have done same. After all I survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment