Thursday 19 March 2015

An Introvert

I found myself in this category of people at a very tender age, and that resulted into writing, because sharing my thoughts with people wasn't really my strong hold. I had people I could share them with, but just didn't. Shockingly, I had handful of friends and I didn't know anything about them either, apart from their school life. Getting to know people wasn't something of my interest, since I didn't want them knowing me either. Basically, my friends mostly only guessed everything concerning me, and never knew the vivid truth, because I only smiled when they always asked me, "How many siblings I had?" or "Whether I was a Ghanaian?". I was a person who tended to shrink from social contacts and became preoccupied with my own thoughts.
 The few friends I had were the very ones I mostly spoke to. Mingling with other children wasn't something of my interest. I was very picky with choosing friends, hence, I was mostly alone. If none of my friends showed up at school, I would be on my own the whole day; not entirely talking to myself or acting strange, but just randomly smiling cause I always had funny thoughts running through my mind. I became very observant with time, cause all I did was to observe people of my interest.
Going for parties, reunions, social gathering wasn't something I liked. Funny enough I bought myself a diary which I wrote stuffs that transpired in school. I had a few crushes I always loved to sit and watch all day without getting tired; of course they had an intriguing personality. I didn't have a boring life as it may seem, I did have gadgets to keep me busy always. Music was something I never felt okay without at my leisure. I even studied with music, which also made me learn how to sing.
I was very attentive in class, I smiled once in a while when I had funny thoughts about silly gestures my classmates made unknowingly. I actually knew my mates who had crushes on others cause all I did was sit and observe more than I talked, which made me more accurate at guessing. People always misconceived my mutism for shyness, which wasn't the case. I was funny and interesting as complemented by many, but boring as well, they concluded. Your story may be different from mine but we may share the same qualities. Being an introvert isn't a bad thing after all.

1 comment: