Friday 20 May 2016

My Greatest Fear II

Who could have thought we would become this close. I wanted to hurt her so bad and now I have gotten myself into this mess. I disliked her with every breath I took. I mean the girl was so annoying. She always put on this vexing facial expression especially when you have a visitor around. Her name is Gill and she was my top rated annoying roommate in history. My body shuddered in rage anytime she spoke just a word in the room. You can imagine.
 It all began when she told my mother I was lying about the five hundred Ghana cedis(500gh) list I took all night to think of to pen down with their various reasons attached. She took just 5secs to convince my mother I was lying. And for some reason my mother believed her cause I stammered when my mother asked me if what she was saying was true. She never trusted me since that day so I decided to do something that would really pierce Gill's heart and I succeeded. She had this Latino boyfriend called Luis. He was very rich and extremely nice and a gentleman as well. He drove this Mercedes and always looked simple but on point.
And this was what I did to break them up that made her stay indoors for two weeks without attending lectures. It was valentine's day and she told me her boyfriend would be coming over therefore I should make myself scarce. In fact, that was the only thing we could agree on as roommates. We argued about everything else. She signaled me that the guy would be over in 10minutes time. I hurriedly took the stuffs I needed and left. She settled me with twenty cedis(20gh). Immediately, I called Jim, he was also in our hostel. He slept over once in a while.
I took the money she settled me with to buy something catchy she would like, gave it to Jim and asked him to go according to the script we planned. I stood at the entrance and waited for her boyfriend. I knew she was inside getting the place looking tidy and romantic while Jim kept her busy. Luis shouted my name when he caught a glimpse of me. He seemed very happy. So I walked over and he got down hugged me for like 5secs. It is still my best 5secs hug ever. I helped him out to carry the stuffs he got for Gill and accompanied him all the way to the room as well.
I managed to get his hand around my shoulders. He always had this groovy smell. Just then I sent Jim a text to wrap up. When we were almost at the door I quickly opened it up and Jim was on top of Gill kissing her on the bed. Gill instantly pushed him off and walked towards Luis who was totally stunned saying please lemme explain. I noticed that phrase really pissed him off. He just dropped everything and headed towards the car. Gill followed him barefooted all the way to the car packed. Tears rolled down his eyes as he walked away. In fact, It was the topic of the week at my hostel. I felt satisfied and accomplished even though I felt bad for Luis. Now she's dating Tom and I'm dating her brother. She swore never to see Jim again. And we are more like sisters now. I wish she never finds out what I did to her.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment