Monday 30 July 2018

Vindictive Ex III

Me: My mama called me to come right over to her apartment this weekend, cause she didn't believe nor understand what she was hearing, "as rumor has it". I knew exactly what it was all about. I broke up with Stephanie, my fiancĂ©, a month ago without telling her. I know how she might have felt, trying to defend me, that I wouldn't do such a thing without consulting her first. All I prayed about at church this Sunday morning, was that the Lord should help me with a very tangible reason why I decided to keep it from my mum up until now. I totally felt her pain, now that I began to think about it. I never really had the time to think about it this way, cause there was always a project to keep my mind off things, at work. I'm in front of her apartment now, still in my car in the driveway, thinking hard if any reason would pop up, cause trust me, I did have a reason why I didn't tell her. And I kept postponing telling her, after the week of the break up, and now it's a month. So I'm still in the car, caught up in my thoughts. My phone starts ringing, and is her on the phone. I pick up quickly without any hesitation, cause she might be watching, from whatever angle, I cannot tell, but I know my mama so well. "I have seen your car in the driveway for a while now, if you cannot come up here, I'm on my way down there", she said and hanged up. In less than three minutes, this woman is sitting right next to me in my car. She just stepped in and said, start talking, I'm all ears Kwadwo Danso. Anytime, she calls me by that name, I know this isn't the time for jokes or beating around the bush.  So I start talking, "Mama, I broke up with Awurama, cause I realised we weren't best of friends. In the sense that, she keeps things from me but she feels comfortable sharing it with this guy called Kwame. They do everything together, and is like I'm the 3nd party to know everything. Whenever I complain, she says, I don't like calling her but Kwame does all the time. So we then came to an agreement. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment