Tuesday 16 October 2018

I wonder

Chris: I wonder why we have this perception that telling someone how we truly feel wouldn't change our situation anyway, so we stick to keeping, "however we feel", to ourselves. Especially when asked the question, "how are you?". We seem to give the normal routine answer, which is, "I'm fine or I'm okay", when we know very well we are not. I know, definitely that it depends on the one asking the question. Yet regardless the person asking, being it our husband/wife, girlfriend/boyfriend, we still don't tell them how we are truly feeling. It maybe that we are used to keeping stuffs to ourselves or saying I'm fine is our programmed answer. That is fine, but sometimes someone's soothing words is all we need. We might think we don't need anyone's condolence or pity or view or "mouth in our case", but it might be all we need to keep us going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment