Monday 3 February 2020

Month of Love


Alexis: Alright so this is my first post this year and I hope this script finds you well. I remember it was my sister's birthday last year, and she had to hurriedly step out and meet a dispatch for a gift. She came back hastily, opened it up and it was a white towel with her name embedded in it. She just left the gift there and went to sleep. A minute silence!. Sometimes it's not about how expensive the gift is, but how well it was thought of before purchasing. Take time to think of a gift before going in for it. Welcome to the month of love. Personal, I think this month goes beyond married, dating, courtship people. I think it's very much limited when we look at it from that scope. In a month such as this, we all have to show love one way or the other. I mean, we can try to at least be more sweet to people. During seasons such as these, we are easily subjected to putting ourselves first. It isn't bad to wonder about what we would get from someone or who would surprise us. But particularly, we can think about what we would do for someone or whom we would surprise. I think that makes us more appreciative of what we get also. Cause personally, I have realized when we are more fixated on what we would get, we easily get disappointed, especially, if we start comparing. All I am saying is, apart from the obvious person we would surprise this year. From the handful of friends we have, pick one person and surprise that person too. It could be anything at all. Put a smile on someone's face, and let's be more appreciative. I understand how it feels to get a gift we don't like. And we would be like, "Really?". Wonya huu hwee!.

2 comments: