Thursday 4 July 2019

A Long Way Out

Gigabyte: I've come a long way Charley. Sometimes I look myself in the mirror and salute my soul for putting up with my flesh for all these years. Cause I know how these two battle each other, yet they have learnt to live together in the same body. I remember when Ama left me cause she said I wasn't confident enough as a person. And I wondered if that could also count as a reason to breakup a relationship. People see me now and think I had it easy in life, just because I can now afford to take good care of myself. I thought I didn't care about myself, but I recently realized it was because I was mostly broke. Being broke makes you overlook a lot of things; thinking they are unnecessary. Riches on the other hand, opens your eyes to a lot of things you easily overlooked when you were broke. One thing I've consciously added to my personality traits, is being grateful for the little things. I remember giving away a chocolate toffee to one lady I just made friends with. And I learnt a lot from how grateful she was. Moreover, on my birthday she bought me a gift and I had known her for just 3days. Besides, I've been friends with some people for 14years and they've never got me something on my birthday. So Charley, is whom you surround yourself with; how you relate with them. And that is highly dependent on your character. Yolo! Enjoy Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment