Friday 4 September 2015

Better to Shut-up


A simple advice a married man once gave me. he sat me
down and said, its better to shut-up sometimes if what you
thinking of saying would hurt someone you care about.
My wife told me one-day that she wanted me to list six things
I disliked about her and that it was a project in the women's
fellowship at church. Instantly a lot of stuffs came in mind but
I told her to hold on and I would text it to her on my way to work.
When I got to work I decided to text her saying she is just the way I
wanted her and I truly loved her just as she is. I came home that very evening
and she was at the door in tears, indicating she was thankful I decided to say
nothing. And also at church, some of the women walked up to me telling me they
wished their husbands were such considerate. I was shocked because I didn't know
it was that personal. So you see, it's better to keep quiet sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment