Tuesday 26 January 2021

Thoughts

Akwasi: I've been thinking a lot lately. About necessary stuffs, not vice versa. I guess you might be wondering what are some unnecessary stuffs we worry our heads over. I remember; a girl once told me that I should have wore slippers cause people would say, "I'm overly dressed than she was" on our impromptu outing. On the other hand, I found this misconception to be needless, even if we were dating. Lets focus on the necessary stuffs now. Nowadays, everyone is looking out for themselves. For inner peace, inner joy, comfort, money, happiness: name it. We find the qualities we're looking for in a person and yet something irrelevant holds us back. Others are just indecisive; one minute we're all in and the next minute we make up an excuse. I wonder where all the love went to?. On occasions such as birthdays, weddings etc; the best we do is post a picture of the person. If the person is fortunate to see it, then fine, if not, we've done our part. You would agree that we've stopped giving gifts on these occasions, unless the person is a relative, close friend, partner. Again, I ask, where is all the love gone to?. I wouldn't say that we do not care, but that is just how the world is gearing towards currently. Could it be the "each man for himself" ideology creeping in on us little by little?, or is it that we only look out for our own?. I wonder what went wrong and how we lost it. How it has become so much a big part of us that we see nothing wrong with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we don't show love to one another; we do. Our mode of showing love is what I'm addressing and making a big fuss about, because it is not enough. The way we fancy being showed love is not the way we approach love to others ourselves. Are we broke or we are using that as an excuse?. What shows if we get rich, we would give just as much either?. Personally, I think showing love has nothing to do with our state but our mindset. We can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment