Tuesday 18 August 2020

The Goodness of God

Adwoa: Lemme take it from this angle to make it more interesting, before I tell you what this piece is all about. That's right, it's been a while you heard from me. I guess life has got a way of keeping us busy, and not having time for the things we use to love doing. I remember I could write 6 different scripts a day, and about 30 a month. But now, we are in August and I have written only 26 scripts so far. I blame my manager. Anyways, today I'm simply touching on something simple. Sometimes, I sit back and reflect and all I can say is that the Lord has been good. It doesn't have to take me to reflect before I know, but having a throwback makes me understand why I say, He is good. Then I can relate with David, when he said in Ps 119:68, that, "You are good, and what You do is good". I've also come to realize that, situations may blind us of this truth. Besides, we all had a plan laid out for our lives. That, by 26 we would have moved from our parents house, and by 28 we would own a car and be building our own house to settle down. My sister even said, by 22, she wouldn't be in Ghana. My point is, as for the plans we all have. But have you heard the verse that says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future", Jer 29:11. Meaning, our plans are acknowledged by our creator, He knows we have plans for ourselves. That is why He is making us aware in this verse that, He is aware of our plans but He also knows the plans He has for us. In this case, all we need to do is to fuse our plans with His, to make it one master plan for our lives. Jesus knew this too, that is why He ended His prayer at Gethsemane by saying, "Yet not My will but Yours be done". Cause He knew God saw the bigger picture, and He was blinded by His current situation. I think this is one prayer we can adopt too. To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment