Tuesday 5 November 2019

Steady Love

Vibes: I came across his picture on my phone, and tears filled my eyes. I tried really hard not to blink, cause I knew tears will be dripping down if I lose guard. I bet you can tell how deep we were into each other. We came a long way, went through it all; crossed bridges, climbed hedges, moved through foggy, stormy weather together. Unfortunately, all that couldn't sustain us. Sometimes, I go so deep into my thought, descending deep down to moments we shared even on his birthday. When we would watch a documentary together, share ideas and thoughts. Yet we sucked dry the affection we had for each other. Another came into the picture just at the right time when we needed a different kind of experience. The other knew just what to say, how to manage, take care, control affairs. I witnessed my better half drifting away slowly, yet every measure I put in place backfired right in my face. "There is nothing as painful as that feeling; watching the one you love slipping into the arms of another while everything you try pushes her further away the more". Anything I tried made me look stupid, cause my newly discovered rival did everything right and beautiful. Shockingly, every step my rival took appeared to be spot on. And all I had left were shuttered memories filled with pain. Thank God I survived this too. In deed, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I've learnt a lot of things I couldn't as a couple. I have improved and worked on myself so much being single. Singleness gave me a chance to patch up most of the loop holes I had left bare. Now I am ready to fall in love again.

No comments:

Post a Comment